Letter from Superintendent - Community Forums on Local Control Accountability Plan Download Flyer
Dear Parents and Community Members,
This is truly an exciting time in education! With the Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) now a reality in California, school districts will have the opportunity to determine how to best allocate state monies to improve student achievement. With that in mind, every district is expected to obtain input from their stakeholder groups. In order to do that, we have scheduled two meetings for our parents.
|| Chino Valley Adult School
12970 Third Street, Chino
This is an unprecedented opportunity for all of our stakeholders to play a role in developing a plan that will provide optimum educational benefits for all our students. These meetings will seek input to create the Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP), a vital element of California’s new LCFF.
Please plan to participate in healthy dialogue designed to answer these questions:
- What are your expectations of public education?
- What do you want from your respective schools?
- What programs or practices do you see as being successful in your respective schools?
One of the most comprehensive pieces on this topic, An Overview of the Local Control Funding Formula prepared by the legislative analyst’s office, is available by link on the District’s website – www.chino.k12.ca.us.
It is my hope you will take the time to familiarize yourself with the overview document, attend one of these meetings, and bring another parent along to be part of the process.
Wayne M. Joseph
- Questions and answers about AB 484 and changes to the assessment system are available at: http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/sa/ab484qu.asp
- For the latest information about the new generation of English-language arts and mathematics assessments, as well as other developments related to the new Smarter Balanced assessments, please got to: http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/sa/smarterbalanced.asp
The Chino Valley Unified School District continues to accept applications for the International Student Program for the 2013-2014 school year. This program is designed for the non-immigrant student who wishes to enroll in public education in the United States.
Click here for more details